We are aware of the complexities behind using Storage proofs.
Given that we will soon start wrapping the verification of those inside SNARKs, having access to a prover will become an additional requirement.
We do not expect dApp developers to handle those complexities independently, so we built an API that simplifies the flow of using storage proofs.
Another significant benefit of introducing such an API is the fact that we can batch multiple requests and mutualize the cost of interacting directly with the chain and proving among all the users of the API.
This drives the cost of using storage proofs even further, benefiting every system user.
Currently, scheduling tasks allows performing the following actions:
- Proving the existence of a specific account for any block.
- Proving smart contract storage. Coming very soon.
- Proving historical block headers contract storage. Coming soon.
- Proving beacon chain parameters. Coming soon.
- Making sure commitments are available, either by sending them from/through L1 or relaying them optimistically.
- Proving block headers required for accessing requested data.
- Generating storage proofs and verifying them on-chain or inside a SNARK, depending on the complexity of the request.